The world we live in is so full and you might not even know it. There are things trying to attract your attention from the minute you wake up till the minute you go to sleep. Your phone, the radio, TV, your family, advertisers, work, friends, other businesses, government, clubs and groups the list goes on. Even when you think you are having you time you most likely aren’t. If you relax in front of the TV, with a good book, by exercising or socialising this is not real you time these are still things you fill you space with and can be an addiction so that you do not have to face emptiness, space or heaven forbid be alone! I think this avoidance of space is quite tragic as it is only when you create space in your life that you will be able to find answers that aren't already in your head. I know this sounds a bit weird so let me explain.
Your unconscious mind has stored all of your memories, thoughts and emotions since you were born and when you face a challenge in life you automatically go here to find the answer. This means that when you are faced with a new situation you look to old data for the answer. Sometimes this works however most of the time it doesn’t. If it is a challenge you have faced before we can assume that your solution didn't work as you are having the same challenge again. Yet you do not know how else to solve your problems so you will keep returning to the old data to find the answer. The only way to access new data is to create space in your life to explore this challenge and find answers. There are many ways to create space;
· You can meditate there are many online meditations you can try out. This creates space in your mind between your regurgitated old thoughts and new inspired thoughts.
· I find that when I run my mind finds that space it needs to create innovative solutions, so you might find this helps you or you might find it if you go for walks alone it has the same effect.
· Going to coaching allows you space to explore new possibilities, and get you out of your old conditioned way of thinking.
· I also found that by joining a program for expanding my business (Tokafala) that the best thing I got from the experience was the space to really look at my goals and the steps I needed to put in place to achieve them. If you haven't got a program like this then create an open couple of hours where you focus on your goals and what you need to be doing to achieve them. These goals can range from relationship goals to personal fitness or business goals. The sky is your limit.
· If you are part of a company that is facing challenges you can arrange an hour where you focus on brainstorming new solutions. Just remember not to stop when you think you have run out of ideas as the only ideas you will have run out of will be the old ones. Push on and you will find that you come up with some stunning fresh new ones.
Remember to slow down and pause when you face a challenge, create space and it is here that you will find your answers.
Loads of love